Basildon Park // National Trust
All photos shot on Bronica ETRS Medium Format Camera on Ilford HP5+ 120 Film
This 18th-century Georgian mansion designed by the revered architect John Carr of York, known in particular for his Palladian houses such as this, sits within 400 acres of historic parklands and gardens in the Berkshire countryside.
Basildon Park was built for Sir Francis Sykes in the late 1770’s and was extensively restored by Lord and Lady Iliffe in the mid 20th century after falling into disrepair after decades of neglect. During the war the house and grounds were requisitioned by the British Government and by the time World War 2 had come to an end not a single pane of glass throughout the whole property was left intact.